This thumbnail carousel is linked to the main image carousel. Selecting an image here will update the main image that is shown.
Each of these beautiful pendants contains a galaxy within. Infused with your loved one’s ashes as well as a man-made opal (planet, crescent moon, or star), this piece is perfect for keeping your dearly departed close to your heart. Please note that the cabochon may rotate within the cage and may shift position slightly with larger motions, but it is well secured and will not fall out.
HOW IT’S MADE
This piece is a gorgeous collaboration between Charles Shoulders and Mike Kozumplik. Each cabochon is handmade to order from flame-worked borosilicate glass, and infused with a small amount of ash from your loved one. Wisps of precious 24k gold and a solid silver fume are added before setting the cabochon into a hand-fabricated, sterling silver setting, specifically designed to have a galactic aesthetic. Every cabochon and silver setting are one of a kind.
The mist within the glass cabochon is formed by the vaporization of pure silver or gold over the glass during its creation. This process is called precious metal fuming. These vapors create wispy patterns and subtle coloring. The gold fume usually appears in gold, copper, or peach tones, and the silver usually appears in blue or white tones. Sometimes other coloring will be present, most noticeable in direct sunlight. The fumed colors are incidental and unpredictable. For this reason, we cannot guarantee a specific color. However, you may request gold and/or silver in your order notes, and you may also request the level of fuming. Here is an illustrative video of fume volume (“more” or “less”).
- We ask for approximately 1/4 teaspoon of cremains.
- The glass cabochon measures approximately 1” in diameter, and the finished pendant measures approximately 1 1/2” in diameter and ¾” in profile.
- Bail opening is 8mm wide
- This piece is not eligible for inscription.
- Eligible for up to 20% off for larger family purchases.
- Ships within 4-6 weeks of collection kit's return.
- For information on ordering and discounts, add to cart and look over our How To Order page.
- Free shipping covers sending you the kit and Spirit Piece. You're still responsible for paying to send the cremains back.
This piece can be purchased with an optional Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver engraved charm. To add the charm to your order, go to the listing, select your charm and add to cart.